Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2008

Walled city in Hong Kong


When I found the book "city of Darkness" few years ago, I couldn't wait to see this very old part of HK. http://www.amie.or.jp/daruma/city%20of%20darkness.html

Unfortunatly this part was destroyed already
years ago.... no chance for me to visit.


At the picture I found in internet, you can see how it looked like.


Now I read about a still existing walled village in HK and I convinced Uli to go visit this with me.
We took the train for about one hour, than a bus.... but we choose the wrong direction.
Finally we arrived at the village by taxi but it was a big disappointment. Only few part of the village where old, the rest new reconstructed and renovated.
Not so much to see at all and it was very hot that day (The rain stopped; I should not complain).


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walled_villages_of_Hong_Kong



But in the end we found the oldest businesswomen in HK. There waiting in the village for tourists and then they ask for a lot of money for taking just one foto ;)



Keine Kommentare: