Dienstag, 15. Juli 2008

About my job....

Until now I wrote mainly about parties and you might think, I do nothing else.
But actually I m here for work... so after 2 months its time to write also about my job:

There 2 points of view, depend on my mood:

1. I can make a collection by myself, have the knowledge, machines...
Its exciting to do all from the beginning... idea, sketch, select the yarn, knit,
see the final garment....

2. Its a big pressure to do all alone when the expectations (my and those from the company) are so high
The machines are still not good as there should be and there too many limitations
I dont know enough about yarn, sizes, production...

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle.
We had a booth at the Hk fashionweek last week and for that I made some knit and wear garments.
It was difficult to make something in this short time and with the yarn I got and with the machines we have but I could manage to finish something and we even got an order (very small... but its a start).
I m not so happy with the styles and the sizes I made but its the best I could do under these circumstances and I m also kind of proud that I could finish something.

The good things are; I still like this job and I m able to deal with the pressure and (hopefully) I learn fast the missing knowledge.
People in my office are nice and help me and I get help from friends in HK, China and Europe.

Wow... this was a bit more seriously than the other posts.
Next time more about parties :)



Here some pics of the garments I made and from the exhibition.



1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Uta,ist toll, daß du auch mal über deine Arbeit berichtest,ich dachte du bist nur auf Parties unterwegs.Jedoch ich glaube, daß HK die richtige Entscheidung für dich war Gertrud