Sonntag, 11. April 2010

Sandakan and Sepilok/ Borneo

Sandakan in Sabah/ Borneo. There is not much to see in this small city but its a good place to start trips into the dschungel.

Some of the young local people wanted me to take photos from them.

This is the view from the fabulous roof terrace at NAK hotel where I stayed few nights. For me it was the best place in town.
One day I made a trip to the nearby Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center in Sepilok.
This station take care of injured and orphaned Orang Utans and return them back to the wild after recovering.
It became famous for the tourists and the station needs the money to continue but its like in a zoo; 100 people waiting for...

.. this: an Orang Utan is coming to the platform to get food. Sometimes there more Orang Utans, but at the day I was there, only one showed.

Anyway, was fun to watch but I decided to see the real wilslife and stay few days in a village in the dschungel.

Keine Kommentare: