Sonntag, 17. August 2008

Shopping, Sales, Discount, Membercards....

It’s very easy to spend money in HK.
Everywhere you go, you see SALES / DISCOUNT / BY TWO GET THREE…
And you can get membership cards to get a discount when you come the next time (and to make sure, you come again).

One example:
Yesterday I was at “Bodyshop” to by a crème.
The shop assistant asks me:
“Do you have a membership card?”
“No.”
“If you apply for the membership card today, you pay 75 HK$ but you get a discount of 20%. With this you still save money today and the next time you get 10% discount.You want to get a membership card?”
“Hm…, OK”
(If I can save money…)
“Only today you get a discount of 20% on all items you by. You want to have a look if you find some more?”
” OK, maybe I find something else…” (20% discount is a lot…)
I looked around and of course I found some more things I “need”.
Finally back at the cashier the shop assistant said:
“You by now for more than 500 HK$, you can choose something else for 50 HK$.”
“What? I get something free for 50 HK$????”

So… I looked again around and found something. It costs more than 50 HK$ but I just needed to pay the difference.
In the end I got my membership card and another voucher over 50HK$ to make sure, I come back in the next month.
Meanwhile I have already 6 membership cards from different shops.
Soon I have to by a new wallet for all these cards but I m sure I will find one on discount.



Shopping at Lane Crawford in Causeway Bay......
or at the street market.





























Keine Kommentare: